Industry and organization partnerships are at the heart of the da Vinci Center’s Product Innovation programs. Our students benefit by engaging with real world development challenges that our sponsors present, and our sponsors benefit by engaging with our talented cross-disciplinary student teams. Through gifts to the VCU da Vinci Center’s Product Innovation programs, project sponsors financially support these projects and the work of the da Vinci Center so that we can continue to develop unique, innovative learning experiences for the VCU community and beyond.
Sponsor benefits include the following:
- Connect with talented students from VCU’s Schools of the Arts, Business, Engineering, and the College of Humanities & Sciences.
- Discover unique solution perspectives on a pressing company issue.
- Identify promising interns and productive future employees.
- Engage in a unique two way learning experience.
- Guide and hear first-hand innovation research by the VCU da Vinci Center.
- Play a key role in preparing students for the 21st century workforce.
What can you expect from the students?
- Students are required to apply and interview to be admitted to any da Vinci program, so you can expect students to be invested, engaged, and contributing as members of the project team who take personal ownership in project success
- 75 hours+ per student per semester on the project team (average of 600 hours per team)
- Primary and secondary research, analysis, design and creative problem-solving
- Maintain detailed records of all research and processes
- Communicate effectively with teammates, advisors and external partners
For more information on being a da Vinci Center sponsor, please contact Allison Schumacher, Program Director for Product Innovation, at firstname.lastname@example.org; 804-828-7188.